Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two Thousand What?

 Not too many months ago, I posted that I had left my job to become a full-time  writer. I did that for a little while, and I enjoyed the writing time. I am happy to report that in the time I was able to stay home and write, I finished a story I had been working on for a decade. It was a story that has been on and off my virtual shelf... one I could never quite get right. It wouldn't come together for me. It finally gelled into a workable story, and I have been working on it diligently ever since. I have progressed to writing a synopsis and queries for it--almost as hard as writing the story itself, but it's an exciting stage to be in. I can't wait to share this one with the world!

I haven't been able to stay home and write full-time like I wanted to, but I was lucky enough to land a job that enabled me to sneak writing time in during work hours. I take care of babies, and I loooooveee nap time!

Now, as I turn the page of the calendar, I can't believe it's 2015! Time is flying. I was shocked to see I haven't blogged in months on account of this working-writing-working-writing lifestyle I've had. Oh yeah, throw in teaching, too. I'm putting together and giving workshops on child health topics, and I've been training to be a tutor, too. I got my first student this week!

And, as always, I'm reading. I got nine books for Christmas and I'm making my way through them, slowly but surely. I'll be posting more about them here as I read on. What's on your reading list this year?

Happy 2015!
-PLB

No comments: